The school year is fast approaching. In a few days. Our kids will end up with carefree fun that lasts all day and will return to their school duties. Every child who has sent his child to school at least once knows that it is associated with considerable expenses. We must, after all, dress our children or equip them with appropriate books and school supplies. And all this unfortunately costs.
How much does a school layette cost?
There are many surveys and surveys that are supposed to tell you how much we spend on a school layette. For example, the Public Opinion Research Center conducted research to determine how many parents spent on average in the school year 2016/2017 at the beginning of the school year. It turned out that on average, parents spent 903 zlotys during this time. The more children we have, the more we spend, of course. The research shows that parents with one child spent PLN 626 last year, two children PLN 1 023, and those who have three children spent PLN 2,365. Of course, these are averaged values, which means that one family has spent more and the other less.
Parents who buy items for school for their children, are well aware that the price range of individual items can be huge. For examples, a pencil case, we can already buy for 12 – 13 PLN, but there are also those that cost 60 – 70 PLN. Similarly, the case looks like backpacks. On various bazaars or supermarkets, we have backpacks that cost as much as PLN 20, but in corporate stores we can pay up to PLN 150 for them. And so you could exchange individual school supplies. It depends on the parents and their financial situation whether they are free to spend a bit and buy something better (although not always the price goes hand in hand with quality), or they prefer to pay less and expect that a given item will be needed some time later. it will be replaced.
As for a school layette, spend less
Not every parent can afford to spend a few hundred zlotys on a school layette for their child. Anyway, no one likes to spend too much money and everyone is looking for savings also on school layettes. Below we will suggest what to do to spend a little less money before the school year begins.
1. Free books – from September 2017, primary school students can get free textbooks “our primer” and “Our school”. After the end of the school year, these books should be given back. I can also ask for junior high school students for free books.
2. Buying used books – sometimes the same books are in force for a given school for several years. It is worth getting in touch with high school students and buying cheaper textbooks from them that they used while studying.
3. Completing the layette over the Internet – looking for articles or clothes necessary for our children, it is worth browsing the internet network. You can buy many things in it much cheaper than in stationary stores.
4. Watch out for holiday “promotions” – let’s not get dressed up for the marketing treatments that shops use. “Promotions” can tempt us, but it may turn out that it is only a clever advertising procedure and in fact we will spend more on a layette for school.
5. Buy it sooner – if we start to buy things for our children earlier, we have time to compare the offers of individual stores and the choice of the one in which we spend less money. In this situation, we are not “forced” to shop in one store, and we can buy individual items in these stores, where they are the cheapest.
6. Buy without our children – if we are going to the store to buy items for a school layette, do not take our children with us. Usually, they want to buy them more expensive items, and we are usually susceptible to their suggestions. Of course, before we go shopping, ask them what are their expectations and what they would like to have in their backpack.
7. Use the help of Social Assistance Centers – families in a difficult financial situation can benefit from the help of Social Assistance Centers. It is also available to parents whose children have some degree of disability. This help also applies to the school layette.
As you can see, expenses for a school layette can be reduced. However, we must buy “with the head” and use the emerging situations.